Born in Ohio, Carl Bork grew up drawing with the encouragement of friends and family early on. It wasn’t until high school that Carl began drawing from life and later trained at the Columbus College of Art and Design. “At CCAD I learned to follow my heart and paint what moves me most. The school gave me the training to truly express myself in my work.”
Immediately after graduating he was commissioned to work on 18 paintings for the Westin Hotel in Columbus Ohio, depicting historical scenes of the hotel and other buildings in the area. Now living in Colorado, he enjoys painting the landscape in the Arkansas River Valley and showing his work in different gallery shows across the U.S. One highlight includes his 2012 sold out show “Colorado Impressions” at the Tointon Gallery in Greeley, Colorado.
Career highlights include:
* Southwest Art’s 21 under 31 article: Artists to Collect Now
* Illustrated covers for a national current events magazine
* Work appearing on the cover of the New York Times
* A four-time participant in the Colorado Governor’s Art Show
* Self -Published book entitled “Colorado Impressionism”
* Commissioned to create the artwork for In-N-Out Burger’s Colorado debut.
* Numerous sold out shows