Reflecting his passion for the diversified landscape of the southwest, William Haskell takes acrylic to an entirely new level. Weathered adobe structures are drenched in white light, mesas take on an ethereal glow, and his depiction of storms are both energy and color-filled. Often referred to as “The Master of the Modern West,” William’s focus on detail draws the viewer into his paintings, creating an intimate connection and sense of place. As a resident of Santa Fe for over 20 years, Haskell is highly regarded as one of the most collectible surreal modernist in the American Southwest.
* Albuquerque Museum of Art and History. Albuquerque, NM. 2014-Present
* Coors Western Art Exhibit and Sale. Denver, CO. 2015-Present.
* National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Small Works and Great Wonders Show. Oklahoma City, OK. 2015-Present
Briscoe Western Art Museum. San Antonio, TX. 2020-Present.
* Mountain Oyster Club 45th Annual Contemporary Western Art Show. Tucson, AZ. 2014-Present.
*Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe NM, Featured Artist and Group shows 2003-2020.
*Masterworks of New Mexico, Albuquerque Art Museum. 2004.
*Farmington Museum National Juried Show, Farmington NM. 2004.
* Weems Galleries. Albuquerque NM. 2004 – 2009.
*Mountain Trails Gallery, Palm Desert CA. 2005-2007
*Adagio Galleries, Palm Springs CA. 2007-2010
* Audubon Society Show. Brandon Michael Gallery, Santa Fe NM. 2009
Awards and Honors:
* Featured Artist. El Rancho de Las Golondrinas Museum, Santa Fe NM. 2005
*Artist in Residence. Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga WY.
*Featured Artist. Santa Fe Wine & Chile Event, Santa Fe NM. 2013
*Landscapes of New Mexico” book signing and show. Manitou Galleries, Santa Fe NM. 2005
“Art Journey New Mexico” book signing and show. Peterson Cody Gallery, Santa Fe NM. 2009